Confused as how to care for your combination skin?
These DIY homemade face masks are here to your rescue:
- Banana Oatmeal Honey Face Mask: Oiliness, clogged pores, dull skin? Say goodbye to all these with this face mask. Mash a ripe banana (1/2) with honey (1 tablespoon) & oats (1 to 2 tablespoons) in a mixing bowl. Stir till it becomes a thick paste, then apply gently to your clean face & let it rest for 10-15 minutes. When the time’s up, remove with a warm washcloth & voila! Bet your skin feels better just by thinking about it.
- Eggwhite-Yogurt Face Mask: Melt those worries away with this mask that is especially good for reducing big pores and mattifying oily skin. Stir 1 tablespoon of yogurt & 1 egg white well in a mixing bowl. Slather the mix to your face, except the eye and the mouth area, and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. When the mask has completely dried up, rinse with warm water & subsequently with cool water. Easy peasy.
- Avocado Coconut Oil Face Mask: Control oil production on the T-zone and hydrate dry skin on your cheeks at the same time, with this mask. Cut out ¼ of Avocado, mash it into a lump-free paste, then add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Massage it onto your face, let it sink into your pores for 10-15 minutes then wash it off with cool water. Yay! Give way to an oil-controlled hydrated skin.
DIY face masks are quick, easy, and it gets the job done— delivering a burst of goodness to your skin!
There are a few more things that proves to be really helpful for people with combination skin, such as making changes to your diet and lifestyle.
- Hydrate: Water is your skin and body’s BFF. The average adult human body is 50-65% water, so it's no surprise you have to drink a lot of water to keep your skin and body happy. Recommended intakes are: 2 litres/day, which translates to eight 8oz or 240ml glasses of water a day.
- De-stress: Everyone is hustling and usually under constant work pressure. Well, guess what? This not only messes up your mental health but it'll also reflect on your skin's health. So, exercise regularly, meditate every now & then, take care of your body and your skin will love you back.
- Sleep: So very important! Your body releases a human growth hormone during sleep, a necessary ingredient for collagen production (think: strong nails, shiny hair, glowing skin). On the other hand, when you don't get enough sleep, your body produces the stress hormone cortisol that disrupts collagen production. Clock a good 7-9 hours of rest at night and get those sleep cycles going.
- Dietary supplements: Salmon, flaxseeds, walnuts, and chia seeds are amazing sources of fatty acid. Introduce these into your diet or any other source of fatty acid & you’ll be on your way to healthier skin. Also, substitute processed food and sugar with fruits and vegetables, and your skin will thank you.
Skincare for combination skin is a piece of cake, and the first step towards it is self-care. Make the right decisions, consciously choose what you put on your skin and watch what you eat.
If you’re looking for something more to supplement your skincare routine, how about personalising your skincare? 😉
It only takes 2 minutes— our complimentary skin assessment will take into account your skin type, lifestyle and environment to give you a personalised skincare regimen made for your combination skin.