Aging of the skin is just like the cycle of birth and death – it’s inevitable. Most of us despise being asked how old we are, and it rather sucks when your skin answers that dreaded question for you.
However, our skincare experts strongly propound that aging of the skin is must, but looking your age isn’t. Do you see a ray of hope now?
This post is equipped to tell you all about skin aging problems, what causes premature skin aging, and what you can do to prevent aging of the skin.
It’s time to turn back the clock, you fountain of youth!
What Really Is Aging of the Skin?
The two key layers of our skin – epidermis and dermis are saviours. Legit. Collectively, they protect the skin from environmental damage (sunlight, bacteria, dust, etc) and maintain the skin’s elasticity and strength. However, over time, they take a beating and irreparable damage a.k.a. aging of the skin begins.
To tell that your skin has started to age is a piece of cake, if you look out for the following signs:
- Wrinkles and Fine lines
- Loss of Volume/Sagginess
What Age Do You Think Aging Skin Problems Start Showing Up?
No, the answer is not 40. Surprisingly, it's 25 when the first signs of aging start to show. Fine lines appear first, and over time wrinkles and loss of elasticity become obvious.
Factors that Impact Aging of the Skin
The lesser known fact is that most signs of aging of the skin are the result of lifestyle decisions made throughout our younger years.
- Water Intake: Our bodies are 70% water. Due to an insufficiency of this magic potion, the skin suffers deeply. If your body hasn’t been hydrated enough through your life, the skin becomes prone to earlier signs of aging, wrinkles, and fine lines.
- Sun Exposure: No matter where you live – be it the Alps or the Sahara, your body is exposed to the sun on a daily basis. Believe it or not, UV radiation is one of the primary causes of aging of the skin. And yes, your body needs all that Vitamin D, but a little prepping would really help. (Read on)
Also Useful: Environmental Factors That Affect Our Skin
- Nutrition: You really are what you eat. Science and subsequent researches have demonstrated an undeniable link between eating healthy and looking healthy.
- Stress Levels: There’s a million reasons to be stressed about. A new job, a new house, a taxing relationship, or nearing examinations often throw our lives and routines for a toss. In addition, the stress hormone cortisol is said to breakdown collagen in our skins. With time, your skin cells might find it harder to reproduce all that collagen and elastin. Result? Aging skin.
- Sleeping Patterns: AM or PM, the skin never rests. Our growth hormones focus on repairing damaged skin cells while we’re sleeping at night. If we don’t sleep well, our team of hormones does not get enough time to fix the damaged cells.
Fortunately, while some signs of aging are inevitable, most of the damage can be minimised and reversed. So, stop with all that worrying.
Our Top-Picked Tips for Embracing the Young Look
Delaying signs of aging is a piece of cake when you maintain caution right from the start. Here's how:
Shield Your Skin From the Sun
Always remember that the sun is never not there. Hats, scarves, sunglasses, broad spectrum sunscreens – use them all. Leave no stone unturned in prepping your skin from the UV rays.
Keep A Tab on Your Smoking and Drinking
A beer or two on the weekends, or occasional cigarette smoking is completely acceptable. However, excessive alcohol consumption and smoking are leading experts at dehydrating the skin. So, create boundaries, set the rules, and abide by them.
Reward? Flawless and glowing skin.
A Healthy Lifestyle
Sweat it out regularly, and follow a consistent sleeping pattern. Furthermore, with a healthy mental health, you will have won half the battle. So, do not hesitate to reach out to a friend, a parent, or a therapist when stress takes over you.
After all, we can all rely on a little help!
Eat A Well-Balanced Diet
Studies have found an undeniable link between eating healthy and looking younger. Antioxidants equip your skin to neutralize all those free radicals, that bring about the onset of aging of the skin. Carrots, oranges, lemons, apricots, tomatoes, green leafy vegetables, salmon, etc will fight damage brought about by aging skin problems.
It’s time to get creative in the kitchen! 😉
An Efficient Skincare
A good skincare routine is a stepping stone to younger-looking skin. And no, this doesn’t have to be an elaborate process. A little cleansing and a little protecting can do absolute wonders. Like really, our skin isn’t all that demanding.
Now what if the damage has already done? Do you frantically search the internet for ways to fight aging of the skin?
It’s Never Too Late to Fight Aging Skin Problems
Don’t worry. Sit back, and let us do the heavy lifting for you. Our experts will help you fight the signs of ageing, by giving your skin proper nutrition for cell regeneration. We can also help avoid premature signs of ageing by creating your customised anti-ageing skincare regimen. We make note of everything - your age as well as your sleeping hours, stress, smoke intake and water intake.
So, are you ready? Click here to take your free skin assessment test now! It all starts with some sharing 😊